The Cactus Chubes Multipurpose Sensory Chew was inspired by our original Chubes but this one is even more special, as its an exclusive, by Richie Smith of Awesometistic in his own brand colours, plus like the other Cactus Chubes this product ticks so many boxes:
- Wider hole to fit even the thickest of hoody strings
- Texture making the awesome chubes now appealing to tactile seekers
- Versatile – slot it onto headphone wires, fingers, pens
- The Cactus Chubes Multipurpose Sensory Chew are versatile –Great to use as a pencil grip
- Discreet & washable
- Durable and firm
- Multipurpose and adaptable as a wearable item of a handheld.
With the Cactus Chubes Multipurpose Sensory Chew you will receive 2 chubes in a pack, one on the cord and one spare.
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced.
All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you.
As a general guide, refer to the lifespan tables for an indication of longevity.
Check regularly for damage.
- Pendants are not suitable for anyone under 3 years of age due to the long cord which poses a strangulation risk
- All pendants have a breakaway clasp for safety, always check this is working well.
- All of our silicone products are nontoxic, lead, latex, BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free
- The clasp on pendants is not designed for chewing. (small part – choking hazard). If you think you or your chewer cannot resist chewing the clasp then select a product that is not a necklace.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage. As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded.
- Products must be checked frequently and discarded as soon as wear and tear shows. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off.
How to care for a Chewigem without a cord (e.g. Fidgets, handhelds & bangles)
You can wash these using any of the below options:
- Hot soapy water
- Top rack of a dishwasher
- Steam steriliser
- Microwave steriliser
- Sterilising solution.
Chewigem’s with a cord (e.g. pendants & necklaces)
With the cord on you can wash your Chewigem’s:
- Hot soapy water
- Washing machine on a low heat
with the cord removed:
By removing the cord the silicone section can be washed in the same way as a cordless product above.
The clasp on the cords is plastic and cannot cope with high heat and risks melting which is why we suggest the cord be removed.
This is simple, snap the breakaway clasp apart, pull the clasp back down the cord to reveal the knot, untie the knot and slide the clasp off this should allow you to take the cord off the pendant. Once washed, reverse the process, reattach the cord, slide the clasp down onto the cord, tie a knot at the end and slide the clasp back up over the knot.
For further information please refer to our Caring for your Chewigem guide which gives lots of information on looking after your Chewigem and prolonging its life.