The Original Chubes from Chewigem took inspiration from all those people who chew on the neck of their T-shirts or hoodie strings, but in fact, they do so much more than that!
You are not the only one who finds themselves reaching for the strings of your hoodie and have a good chomp and that is exactly why the Chubes were made. It makes them extremely functional and discreet. And you no longer get destroyed and soggy strings.
- Smooth texture with a good bounce back
- Great for hoodie strings, very discreet
- Can also be pushed onto the ends of the stationary
- Can be worn on the cord as a necklace with spares
- Being hollow we have had success with dummy weaning as it gives similar feedback to a dummy teat
- Can be slipped over headphone wires
- Range of colours to either blend in or stand out.
91% of people say Chewigem helps them concentrate
Imagine heading out to meet a buddy for a run or walk, wearing a bangle or necklace would not really work with your joggers and hoody, but you know you need something to hand. By using the chubes they can look like part of your hoody and be on hand when needed for a quick suck, chew, or stroke.
“The chubes are very versatile and can be put onto hoodie strings, can be used to cover zips, put onto the end of pencils, used on the cord, and much more!
They have a nice ‘bounce back’ when chewed.” Rebecca
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/7qo1KlwRWZY” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced.
All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you.
As a general guide, refer to the lifespan tables for an indication of longevity.
Check regularly for damage.
- Pendants are not suitable for anyone under 3 years of age due to the long cord which poses a strangulation risk
- All pendants have a breakaway clasp for safety, always check this is working well.
- All of our silicone products are nontoxic, lead, latex, BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free
- The clasp on pendants is not designed for chewing. (small part – choking hazard). If you think you or your chewer cannot resist chewing the clasp then select a product that is not a necklace.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage. As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded.
- Products must be checked frequently and discarded as soon as wear and tear shows. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off.
How to care for a Chewigem without a cord (e.g. Fidgets, handhelds & bangles)
You can wash these using any of the below options:
- Hot soapy water
- Top rack of a dishwasher
- Steam steriliser
- Microwave steriliser
- Sterilising solution.
Chewigem’s with a cord (e.g. pendants & necklaces)
With the cord on you can wash your Chewigem’s:
- Hot soapy water
- Washing machine on a low heat
with the cord removed:
By removing the cord the silicone section can be washed in the same way as a cordless product above.
The clasp on the cords is plastic and cannot cope with high heat and risks melting which is why we suggest the cord be removed.
This is simple, snap the breakaway clasp apart, pull the clasp back down the cord to reveal the knot, untie the knot and slide the clasp off this should allow you to take the cord off the pendant. Once washed, reverse the process, reattach the cord, slide the clasp down onto the cord, tie a knot at the end and slide the clasp back up over the knot.
For further information please refer to our Caring for your Chewigem guide which gives lots of information on looking after your Chewigem and prolonging its life.
In short, we promise:
- If you break our product we will replace it for free*
- If our products do not work for you, we will source and buy a competitor’s product at no cost to you
- If you have been disappointed by another brand’s product, we will send you one of ours for free!
This should remove any concerns you have about giving us a go, there really is no risk to you at all. Only the opportunity to find the solution you have been looking for!
Read more about our 3 point Guarantee here.
*T’s & C’s apply
2 reviews for Chubes Multifunctional Sensory Chews
My son uses these on his hoodie, as he is at the awkward teen age he doesn’t want to look different but still needs to chew. These are a fabulous alternative to a pendant. I even put them through the washing machine by accident and they survived.
Laura Craven –
My daughter likes the soft springy texture of these. She’s wearing one as a necklace and we are going to try others on toggles. Love how versatile they are.