TomTag is a visual support and communication tool that helps children and young people develop coping strategies to manage their day, using structure, organisation, and predictability.
This classroom toolkit is great support for busy teachers and TAs. Portable and discreet personalised visual supports for children who need to know what to expect or the order of events during their school day.
Everything’s ready to go with TomTag’s colourful, sturdy tags, click-in buttons, and symbol stickers. All you need to do is personalise it – just pick, stick, click, and off you go.
- visual timetables offer comforting predictability which reduces children’s anxieties and aids concentration
- easily show changes to routine with TomTag’s unique click-in button system
- use simple First/Then/Next prompts to support transitions and encourage completion of less-preferred activities
- preparation and forewarning of transitions reduce negative behaviours
- visual activity sequence prompts encourage independent working and learning
- reinforcing verbal instructions with visuals helps children to understand what is being said or asked of them
- includes symbols to help teach social rules for the classroom
Our customers say
“A great idea! The main benefit being the time-saving aspect. Everything is ready and no faffy laminating and Velcro! Really impressed.”
“They allow my 7-year-old to create, then to carry his visual timetable with him at school. It is the only visual he will use for school.”
“I’m able to wear the tag on my lanyard which is easily accessible in class and outside whilst enabling my children with autism to comprehend what they need to do.”
“TomTag saves busy education staff time, while also providing a practical yet likely desirable tool towards independence for children.” Alison Wilcox, Head of Education, NASEN
- 6 button holders
- 40 blank buttons
- 1 attachment loop
- Instruction sheet
- School Timetable sticker pack
- 1 Share how I feel tag