The Bijoux bangle had tactile seekers at the center of its design.
Inspired by direct feedback from our customers that we had a gap in our range. People who needed differing textures to satisfy their sensory needs but found the glossy, smooth finish on some of our original bangles did not meet the tactile sensation they were seeking. So Jenny and Stuart set to work to create this piece that met this requirement. Different-sized linked beads and a stippled texture have worked a treat for those looking for a wider variety in their tactile input.
- Sensory stipple effect on each bead
- 2 sizes of beads molded together creating a range in sensations when rubbed
- Discreet and stylish
- Flexible and squishable, making it a great stim aid.
- Perfect for redirecting nail biters and sleeve chewers
91% of people say Chewigem helps them concentrate
The Bijoux bangle is adored by thousands due to its texture and discretion, it makes a fantastic chew and fidgets aid. Some of its biggest success has been helping those redirect nail-biting to an alternative.
Don’t be fooled by its adult size it can work as a fidget and chew aid for children too.
“Bought for my son. He thinks it’s fantastic. He likes that he can bend it to get to his molars and that it’s got a bumpy texture, feels quite strong, and is quite flexible. Great fidget and chew toy. He hasn’t taken it off since we received it. Would definitely recommend and buy again.”
Check out the Bijoux Bangles sisters, the Zen stone necklace, and the Worry stones available in the same colours and with the same fantastic stimmy texture.
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced.
All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you.
As a general guide, refer to the lifespan tables for an indication of longevity.
Check regularly for damage.
- All products have been widely tested and you can be confident they are lead, latex, PVC, and phthalate-free.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage.
- As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off.
How to care for a Chewigem without a cord (e.g. Fidgets, handhelds & bangles)
You can wash these using any of the below options:
- Hot soapy water
- Top rack of a dishwasher
- Steam steriliser
- Microwave steriliser
- Sterilising solution.
Chewigem’s with a cord (e.g. pendants & necklaces)
With the cord on you can wash your Chewigem’s:
- Hot soapy water
- Washing machine on a low heat
with the cord removed:
By removing the cord the silicone section can be washed in the same way as a cordless product above.
The clasp on the cords is plastic and cannot cope with high heat and risks melting which is why we suggest the cord be removed.
This is simple, snap the breakaway clasp apart, pull the clasp back down the cord to reveal the knot, untie the knot and slide the clasp off this should allow you to take the cord off the pendant. Once washed, reverse the process, reattach the cord, slide the clasp down onto the cord, tie a knot at the end and slide the clasp back up over the knot.
For further information please refer to our Caring for your Chewigem guide which gives lots of information on looking after your Chewigem and prolonging its life.
In short, we promise:
- If you break our product we will replace it for free*
- If our products do not work for you, we will source and buy a competitor’s product at no cost to you
- If you have been disappointed by another brand’s product, we will send you one of ours for free!
This should remove any concerns you have about giving us a go, there really is no risk to you at all. Only the opportunity to find the solution you have been looking for!
Read more about our 3 point Guarantee here.
*T’s & C’s apply