The Original Chewigem Dog tags – One of the first Chewigems we ever made over a decade ago and as popular today as it was then due to its classic look and design.
The dog tags, they are super flexible and can bend over on themselves providing an exciting sensory sensation for oral seekers.
- Popular with those who suck
- Great for people who chew softly
- Springy and bouncy
- Can be doubled (placed on top of each other) to change the feel
93 % of people say Chewigem helps them feel calmer
“I got my tags in black so they really are discreet; unless I’m actively chewing on them, nobody takes any notice of the tags. Even when I am chewing on them, nobody pays much attention beyond an initial curious glance.”
Choose from discreet neutral colours that Schools will accept to brighter patterns and colours that make more of a statement.
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced.
All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you.
As a general guide, refer to the lifespan tables for an indication of longevity.
Check regularly for damage.
- Pendants are not suitable for anyone under 3 years of age due to the long cord which poses a strangulation risk
- All pendants have a breakaway clasp for safety, always check this is working well.
- All of our silicone products are nontoxic, lead, latex, BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free
- The clasp on pendants is not designed for chewing. (small part – choking hazard). If you think you or your chewer cannot resist chewing the clasp then select a product that is not a necklace.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage. As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded.
- Products must be checked frequently and discarded as soon as wear and tear shows. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off.
How to care for a Chewigem without a cord (e.g. Fidgets, handhelds & bangles)
You can wash these using any of the below options:
- Hot soapy water
- Top rack of a dishwasher
- Steam steriliser
- Microwave steriliser
- Sterilising solution.
Chewigem’s with a cord (e.g. pendants & necklaces)
With the cord on you can wash your Chewigem’s:
- Hot soapy water
- Washing machine on a low heat
with the cord removed:
By removing the cord the silicone section can be washed in the same way as a cordless product above.
The clasp on the cords is plastic and cannot cope with high heat and risks melting which is why we suggest the cord be removed.
This is simple, snap the breakaway clasp apart, pull the clasp back down the cord to reveal the knot, untie the knot and slide the clasp off this should allow you to take the cord off the pendant. Once washed, reverse the process, reattach the cord, slide the clasp down onto the cord, tie a knot at the end and slide the clasp back up over the knot.
For further information please refer to our Caring for your Chewigem guide which gives lots of information on looking after your Chewigem and prolonging its life.
In short, we promise:
- If you break our product we will replace it for free*
- If our products do not work for you, we will source and buy a competitor’s product at no cost to you
- If you have been disappointed by another brand’s product, we will send you one of ours for free!
This should remove any concerns you have about giving us a go, there really is no risk to you at all. Only the opportunity to find the solution you have been looking for!
Read more about our 3 point Guarantee here.
*T’s & C’s apply
5 reviews for Dog Tags Pendant Sensory Chew
Leanne McGreig –
We have tried nearly all the Chewigem chews, these are definitely in our top five. They come in a great selection of colors to match your outfit or school uniform. They are a nice thin chew so you can chew one at a time or two together if you want something thicker. Although not officially a stim toy these can be snapped together to make a really satisfying clicking sound.
Olga Zoi –
This is the first time we bought something like that and my daughter loved it. It is of a very good quality. Thank you!
Great product. My son is always chewing his clothes so this is really good for him and it’s fairly discreet. Plus it’s not squeaky! I have sensory issues around the squeaking of sensory chew toys against teeth, it’s an awful sound! Thankfully these don’t squeak at all so we’re both very happy with our purchase!
I got these in a discovery bag and they are now my go-to if I am already very overwhelmed. The bounce is perfect and I like the option to use one or both.
Emma Swallow –
I discovered Sensooli whilst looking for something safe for my son to chew. He was excited by all the choices and decided on the black dog tags. I was impressed with the quality of the product and since it arrived, my son has thoroughly enjoyed chewing on the dog tags which has helped to calm him and improved his focus too (plus he is no longer chewing lumps off the TV remote) so its win/win all round! I have no hesitation in recommending Sensooli and will definitely be ordering from them again!