Each year I write a blog about Black Friday because it’s a classic time of overwhelm with so many sales messages coming at us from all angles! So this will help you Avoid Getting SPD Overwhelmed This Black Friday. Last years lockdown played in our favour really allowing most people to conduct their shopping online from the comfort of their own home.
Here are some tips to avoid overwhelm and bag some great deals!
- Before Black Friday, make a list of your favourite stores and brands that you may want to buy from and sign up for their mailing lists and newsletters – this way you won’t miss any pre-sales or special offers.
- Arrange your list in order of importance so that you get to those websites first.
- Put on some comfy clothes, make yourself a nice brew, and get settled.
- Set yourself a budget so that you don’t overspend. Be sensible, even if you want something badly, make sure it is affordable for you.
- Remember that most things are returnable within 28 days and around this time it is often extended until January. So, if you do make an impulse buy that you regret, you should be able to cancel or return the item.
- If you miss a deal, try not to worry, everyone misses deals on Black Friday! There are usually more opportunities like Cyber Monday, January Sales, and Amazon Prime Day.
- If you haven’t already signed up for the newsletters of your favourite shops, it’s a good idea to do so. Then you won’t miss any other deals.
- Once you’ve finished your shopping, reward yourself with some self-care to relax.
- Please share with us the deals you’ve bagged and things you’ve treated yourself to in our Sensory Support Group.
Don’t forget to check out our Black Friday sale where you can get 30% off Chewigem Originals! Some of our favourites are:
I hope my tips help you to get some treats and avoid SPD overwhelm and Black Friday.
We will be doing an advent challenge on our Facebook Page and Instagram this year, with the chance to win some fantastic Chewigems every day. So if you want to raise your spirits along with us and have some fun don’t forget to join in – you might even win something!