So many pencil toppers are heavy and can affect writing adversely, these covers are so lightweight you won’t even know they are there.
We knew we wanted to provide pencil ‘toppers’, chewing pencils and pens is such a common challenge in our community, but having consulted with occupational therapists and specialists we spotted a gap in the market. By their very nature pencil toppers add weight to the pencil. If they are going to be chewed then how thick they are becoming important, but not at the cost of causing writing fatigue or adversely affecting writing skills due to the extra weight. Some benefit from that extra weight, but many find it prohibitive.
Our pencil covers are not the strongest from a chewing perspective, but they do protect the teeth and the ingestion of led and wood splinters by acting as a cover over the pen or pencil
- Tight fit
- Pack of 4
- 2 Covers with a smooth soothing texture
- 2 Cover with stimulating sensory bumps
- Adaptable – the open cover is great for headphone wires
- Fits tightly onto most standard pencils and pens
91% report an improvement in concentration thanks to Chewigem
But the functionality does not stop just at them being pencil covers, our ever-inventive community has used them to cover headphone wires, to ping, flap, and twist as a fidget aid, and even use the open over as a straw.
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced.
All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you.
As a general guide, refer to the lifespan tables for an indication of longevity.
Check regularly for damage.
- All products have been widely tested and you can be confident they are lead, latex, PVC, and phthalate-free.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage.
- As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off.
How to care for a Chewigem without a cord (e.g. Fidgets, handhelds & bangles)
You can wash these using any of the below options:
- Hot soapy water
- Top rack of a dishwasher
- Steam steriliser
- Microwave steriliser
- Sterilising solution.
For further information please refer to our Caring for your Chewigem guide which gives lots of information on looking after your Chewigem and prolonging its life.
In short, we promise:
- If you break our product we will replace it for free*
- If our products do not work for you, we will source and buy a competitor’s product at no cost to you
- If you have been disappointed by another brand’s product, we will send you one of ours for free!
This should remove any concerns you have about giving us a go, there really is no risk to you at all. Only the opportunity to find the solution you have been looking for!
Read more about our 3 point Guarantee here.
*T’s & C’s apply