The board & Toggle pendant was designed with finger chewers and thumb suckers in mind!
A common stim and habit people wish to redirect is sucking and chewing fingers. And this is how this product came about. We wanted to replicate the length and feel of a finger, but without it looking like a finger and I think we nailed it! Inspiration was combined with a mix of surf and skateboards. Another need we had fed back was for chewers who like to chew with their molars, some product shapes make reaching the molars a challenge, and this product works for that style of chewing too. However, not everyone wanted this on a pendant cord so we include a toggle strap which is a simple multifunctional strap that can work on zippers, school bags, keys and buttonholes.
- Multifunctional versatile strap attachment & cord included so you can wear it your way
- Choice of glossy and shiny finish making it pleasurable to rub, lick, and stroke or matt
- Its length supports molar chewing
- Shape and feel designed to replicate a finger
- Discreet and trendy style
- Available in funky Camo, subtle silver, black or bolder colours
90% of people say Chewigem reduces their anxiety
Whether at school or work, you can adjust this cord to a shorter length, and when the urge comes to suck or nibble a finger, redirect yourself to the board pendant and break that habit. With perseverance join the thousands who have successfully managed this.
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced.
All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you.
As a general guide, refer to the lifespan tables for an indication of longevity.
Check regularly for damage.
- All products have been widely tested and you can be confident they are lead, latex, PVC, and phthalate-free.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage.
- As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off.
How to care for a Chewigem without a cord (e.g. Fidgets, handhelds & bangles)
You can wash these using any of the below options:
- Hot soapy water
- Top rack of a dishwasher
- Steam steriliser
- Microwave steriliser
- Sterilising solution.
For further information please refer to our Caring for your Chewigem guide which gives lots of information on looking after your Chewigem and prolonging its life.
Chewigem’s with a cord (e.g. pendants, Toggles & necklaces)
With the cord on you can wash your Chewigem’s:
- Hot soapy water
- Washing machine on a low heat
with the cord removed:
By removing the cord the silicone section can be washed in the same way as a cordless product above.
Parts of the toggle strap are plastic and cannot cope with high heat and risks melting which is why we suggest the cord be removed.
This is simple, just unloop from the board. Once washed, reverse the process, reattach the cord, slide the clasp down onto the cord, tie a knot at the end and slide the clasp back up over the knot.
In short, we promise:
- If you break our product we will replace it for free*
- If our products do not work for you, we will source and buy a competitor’s product at no cost to you
- If you have been disappointed by another brand’s product, we will send you one of ours for free!
This should remove any concerns you have about giving us a go, there really is no risk to you at all. Only the opportunity to find the solution you have been looking for!
Read more about our 3 point Guarantee here.
*T’s & C’s apply