A firm favorite with thumb suckers, nail biters, and hand chewers, you too can change those habits by using the super discreet and practical Jazz pendant.
Breaking a habit is hard, it takes time, perseverance, and consistency, but you can join the thousands who no longer have sore, broken skin or destroyed sleeves by redirecting your chewing to the Jazz pendant. Its large hole that the cord goes through is perfect for putting your thumb in, reminding you every time you raise your hand to your mouth to go for the Jazz, not the skin.
- Super, soothing, smooth glossy finish for satisfying sensory feel
- Successfully helped hand chewers, thumb-suckers, and sleeve biters
- Discreet design
- Can be used as a pendant or a handheld
76% of people who use Chewigem say it helps them self regulate
Imagine heading to a party or into the office, no one would think anything of the simple pendant hanging around your neck, but your journey there was busy and noisy, you arrive feeling on the edge wondering how you are going to get through the next few hours. Simply feeling the pendants glossy smooth texture between your thumb and finger, sends waves of calm from top to toe, but you also know if needed you can nibble on it, giving you stronger sensory input. Now you can relax and enjoy the evening.
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced.
All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you.
As a general guide, refer to the lifespan tables for an indication of longevity.
Check regularly for damage.
- Pendants are not suitable for anyone under 3 years of age due to the long cord which poses a strangulation risk
- All pendants have a breakaway clasp for safety, always check this is working well.
- All of our silicone products are nontoxic, lead, latex, BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free
- The clasp on pendants is not designed for chewing. (small part – choking hazard). If you think you or your chewer cannot resist chewing the clasp then select a product that is not a necklace.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage. As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded.
- Products must be checked frequently and discarded as soon as wear and tear shows. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off
How to care for a Chewigem without a cord (e.g. Fidgets, handhelds & bangles)
You can wash these using any of the below options:
- Hot soapy water
- Top rack of a dishwasher
- Steam steriliser
- Microwave steriliser
- Sterilising solution.
Chewigem’s with a cord (e.g. pendants & necklaces)
With the cord on you can wash your Chewigem’s:
- Hot soapy water
- Washing machine on a low heat
with the cord removed:
By removing the cord the silicone section can be washed in the same way as a cordless product above.
The clasp on the cords is plastic and cannot cope with high heat and risks melting which is why we suggest the cord be removed.
This is simple, snap the breakaway clasp apart, pull the clasp back down the cord to reveal the knot, untie the knot and slide the clasp off this should allow you to take the cord off the pendant. Once washed, reverse the process, reattach the cord, slide the clasp down onto the cord, tie a knot at the end and slide the clasp back up over the knot.
For further information please refer to our Caring for your Chewigem guide which gives lots of information on looking after your Chewigem and prolonging its life.
In short, we promise:
- If you break our product we will replace it for free*
- If our products do not work for you, we will source and buy a competitor’s product at no cost to you
- If you have been disappointed by another brand’s product, we will send you one of ours for free!
This should remove any concerns you have about giving us a go, there really is no risk to you at all. Only the opportunity to find the solution you have been looking for!
Read more about our 3 point Guarantee here.
*T’s & C’s apply