The Hexichew was the first handled fidget and chew aid we developed over 6 years ago due to requests from our customers and remains a product that is always in high demand.
The Chewigem team is always led by people’s needs and this product is a direct result of that. The requests came in for longer chews to reach molars, something that could help hand strength, a robust chew, people wanted more texture and something they could use at home.
Whilst swimming with her children one day Jenny was throwing a swimming toy that sunk to the bottom of the pool for her kids to dive for. As she held this in her hand she was strictly by how comfortable it felt, this dive toy had arms and each one went between each of her fingers. It struck her how appealing this shape might be to our community and so she set about developing a product that was handheld and combined many of the other feature requests such as length, strength, and texture.
- Great for at-home Chewing
- Texture and nubs for additional sensory input.
- Molar chewers delight
- Improves Hand strength
- Can be linked by the ball and loop
76% of People say it helps them Self regulate
“We have recently purchased a rainbow Hexichew for a 5-year-old who finds himself chewing and chomping a lot and needed something durable that he would be satisfied with. This is exactly that!”
Imagine yourself at your desk or relaxing on the sofa, the Hexichew in your hand with your fingers between each arm, your squeezing and squashy it and feeling firm feedback, you run your fingers down the arms to get the texture sensation and as the need takes you, chew on the arms, satisfying calm washes over you.
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced.
All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you.
As a general guide, refer to the lifespan tables for an indication of longevity.
Check regularly for damage.
- All products have been widely tested and you can be confident they are lead, latex, PVC, and phthalate-free.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage.
- As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off.
How to care for a Chewigem without a cord (e.g. Fidgets, handhelds & bangles)
You can wash these using any of the below options:
- Hot soapy water
- Top rack of a dishwasher
- Steam steriliser
- Microwave steriliser
- Sterilising solution.
Chewigem’s with a cord (e.g. pendants & necklaces)
With the cord on you can wash your Chewigem’s:
- Hot soapy water
- Washing machine on a low heat
with the cord removed:
By removing the cord the silicone section can be washed in the same way as a cordless product above.
The clasp on the cords is plastic and cannot cope with high heat and risks melting which is why we suggest the cord be removed.
This is simple, snap the breakaway clasp apart, pull the clasp back down the cord to reveal the knot, untie the knot and slide the clasp off this should allow you to take the cord off the pendant. Once washed, reverse the process, reattach the cord, slide the clasp down onto the cord, tie a knot at the end and slide the clasp back up over the knot.
For further information please refer to our Caring for your Chewigem guide which gives lots of information on looking after your Chewigem and prolonging its life.
In short, we promise:
- If you break our product we will replace it for free*
- If our products do not work for you, we will source and buy a competitor’s product at no cost to you
- If you have been disappointed by another brand’s product, we will send you one of ours for free!
This should remove any concerns you have about giving us a go, there really is no risk to you at all. Only the opportunity to find the solution you have been looking for!
Read more about our 3 point Guarantee here.
*T’s & C’s apply