The Chewipal is a Chewigem Original that is so versatile it proves to be one of THE most popular items we have developed because it does so much MORE than the original design intention.
Originally designed by Jenny to provide a ‘chewable’ attachment to our products. This was important for a few reasons;
- Some people cannot wear cord around their neck, it just feels wrong
- Despite being instructed not to chew the necklace cord… some people just cannot help it.
- They could go for a bangle or handheld but lots of people were worried about things being thrown or lost.
So after a lot of hard work and ‘back to the drawing board’ moments the Chewipal was born. It is so simple, yet super functional. It is often used as intended, to loop through a buttonhole or belt loop at one end and onto our products (those suitable with a big enough hole e.g. Miller heart, Eternity, Realm ring, Bangles to name but a few). This works really well, meaning it cannot be thrown or lost. Its other features include:
- It’s Chewable
- It has sensory nubs for additional sensory stimulation
- It works well for those who cannot resist chewing necklace cord
But in addition to this it was used in the real world in the following awesome but unexpected ways:
- It is a great ‘flapping’ stim toy, hold in your fist and rotate allowing the ends to slap back and forth on your hand
- People use it to redirect chewing away from headphone wires
- Great for those who grind their teeth as its flat
- Perfect for tactile input by pulling it between your thumb and finger
- Use it as a kind of elastic band and ping it!
- 2 in a pack
76% of people say their Chewigem helps them self regulate
Imagine our delight that this product has been adapted in so many ways by our amazing imaginative and resourceful community.
“For me, these are the most underrated chews. I love them. They are stretchy, they are smaller than some. I find them more discrete than others.
I like being able to manipulate them in my hands or have them in my mouth.” Ash